Those are helpful articles. Please consider adding information about the following about the world history of flags:
1. The flag used by the Nazis (the swastika flag) was altered to incorporate alphabetic symbolism under Adolf Hitler. Hitler’s notorious symbol (the swastika), although it was an ancient symbol, was used sometimes by the National Socialist German Workers Party to represent overlapping “S” letters for their “socialism,” as shown in Swastika Secrets by Dr. Rex Curry. The same symbolism is shown in Hitler’s own bizarre signature, which Hitler altered to use the same stylized "S" letter for "socialist"; Hitler turned the symbol 45 degrees to the horizontal and oriented it in the S direction; and similar alphabetic symbolism was used for the "SS" Division and similar alphabetic symbolism still shows on Volkswagens.
2. The flag salute under German National Socialists originated from the USA’s early Pledge of Allegiance and a shocking photograph is here. The original pledge began with a military salute that then stretched out toward the flag and a photograph is here. In actual use, the second part of the gesture was performed with a straight arm and palm down by disinterested children perfunctorily performing the forced ritual chanting by extending the initial military salute, as shown by the USA’s top authority, Dr. Rex Curry. Due to the way that both gestures were used sequentially in the pledge, the military salute led to the hard, stylized salute of the National Socialist German Workers’ Party. The Nazi salute is an extended military salute via the USA’s pledge.
3. It was not an ancient Roman salute, and the "ancient Roman salute" is a myth. The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) supports Dr. Curry’s discoveries. The Roman myth grew in many ways, including the use of the USA’s pledge salute in early movies showing fictional Roman scenes.
4. The Hitler-style salute in the USA pre-dated the Nazis by 30 years and was created by Francis Bellamy (author of the "Pledge of Allegiance"). Francis Bellamy and Edward Bellamy (author of the novel "Looking Backward") and Charles Bellamy (author of "A Moment of Madness") and Frederick Bellamy (who introduced Edward to socialistic "Fourierism") were socialists. Edward, Charles and Frederick were brothers, and Francis was their cousin. Francis and Edward were both self-proclaimed National Socialists and they supported the "Nationalism" movement in the USA, the "Nationalist" magazine, and the "Nationalist Educational Association." They wanted to nationalize everything and they wanted all of society to ape the military and they touted "military socialism" and the "industrial army." Edward’s book was an international bestseller, translated into every major language (including Italian & German) and he inspired the "Nationalist Party" (in the USA) and their dogma influenced socialists worldwide (including Italy & Germany) via “Nationalist Clubs.” Francis’ pledge was the origin of the NSGWP salute.
5. At the time that Mussolini and Hitler found the salute they were both self-proclaimed socialists and leaders in their movements.
The Bellamys and the pledge inspired socialists worldwide, and in the places of the socialist Wholecaust (of which the Holocaust was a part): 62 million slaughtered under the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics; 35 million slaughtered under the Peoples' Republic of China; 21 million slaughtered under the National Socialist German Workers' Party.
The Bellamys promoted a government takeover of schools, the placement of flags at the schools, and robotic chanting of the pledge to the flag with the old notorious gesture. When the government granted their wish, the government schools imposed segregation by law and taught racism as official government policy. The schools mandated chanting of the pledge with the Nazi-style salute and persecuted and expelled children who would not comply, arrested parents, and even took children from parents on allegations of "unfit parenting."
The USA still follows similar anti libertarian policies promoted by the Bellamys. Many socialist Bellamy policies caused the USA’s big, expensive and oppressive government and its growing police-state. The Pledge still exists along with laws mandating that teachers lead the robotic pledge chanting every day for twelve years of each child’s life (though the salute was altered). The government still owns and operates schools, including the same schools that imposed segregation by law and taught racism as official government policy. The U.S. practice of imposing segregation by law in government schools and teaching racism as official policy even outlasted the National Socialist German Workers' Party by over 15 years. After segregation in government's schools ended, the Bellamy legacy caused more police-state racism of forced busing that destroyed communities and neighborhoods and deepened hostilities. Those schools still exist. Infants are given social security numbers that track and tax them for life. Government schools demand the numbers for enrollment.
The pledge and the flag have become examples of how dangerous government schools are. The pledge and the flag are primary justifications for ending government schools. As the saying goes "remove the pledge from the flag, remove flags from schools, and remove schools from government."
The government in the USA and the government schools hide those facts from people in the USA and from people in other countries.